Dustin's Day!
I heard a clip on the radio a few weeks ago a tip for being a better parent. This tip suggested celebrating or doing something special for your child on the aniversary of their birthday each month. Well, today is the anniversary of Dustin's birth. I am very proud of Dustin for many things, and I am pleased he could be part of our family. Here are a couple things that I am proud of Dustin for:
- Preparing and giving a talk in Primary, even though he didn't really want to. He didn't even complain. I was home with Carol, so I missed it, but we are going to have him give it to the family later.
- Dustin has really put a lot of effort into learning math. He has come a long way in a short time. I think that secretly he really likes it now!
- Dustin has recently discovered that he likes to take things apart especially if they are electronic or mechanical. - What else can I say, I'm thrilled. He has already asked if he can take apart my ipod or my laptop, or the TV. He is already up on me, because at least he asks, I don't think I ever did. (by the way, the answer was no!)
- I am really proud of Dustin for his newly found ability to memorize. He discovered it while trying to learn the Scout Oath and the Scout Law. He know has memorized quite a few scriptures and Articles of Faith.
Well, thats it for today! Happy Monday!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday tomorrow to Dustin! That is a great picture by the way.
I loved reading this post. First of all, you have such great kids. Every single one of them! And, you are such a great Dad. In fact, of all the parents I know, you and Christina are right up there at the top of my list of parents I want to be like.
I'll bet the Sunday funnies are a blast at your house!
Happy Birthday, Dustin!
Doug, good to see your thoughts and insights on the blog! I don't know if I want to step into that on my own blog, so for now I will just keep posting on Jill's.
We admire you and Christina for the wonderful efforts you make and for the great kids you have. We love you guys!
Post a Comment