This past week I had the opportunity of traveling to Winnipeg, Artic Circle ...whoops, I mean Canada.
I was there with a couple collegues to check out a call center that we are considering using for our In-Flight Broadband project http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=92562&p=na048&ID=1098933&highlight= The meetings went okay, but the most interesting part of the trip (besides nonreving there and back) was how blasted cold it was.
The high while we were there was -4 and with the windchill, it was like -11. The low while we were there, was something like -25 with the windchill it was something like -40. We didn't spend any time outside other that running to the car and back to the building. All I can say is that it was really cold. It reminded me of being in Northern Sweden during the winter time and having the cold wind off the sea cut right straight through you.
I was amazed at how warm it was inside of buildings. They sure must use different doors and windows there then we use here in the south.
I was also amazed at how friendly and happy the people were. I also had some BBQ ribs there that would rival any I have had anywhere! Whooda thunk!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment